ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is an electronic system set up by the US government to facilitate visa-free travel to the country. It is required for citizens of Visa Waiver Program countries who wish to travel to the United States for tourism or business for up to 90 days. The ESTA is of great importance when travelling to the United States, as it determines the traveller's eligibility to enter the US. It allows the US authorities to conduct background checks on travellers before they arrive, thereby enhancing border security.
In the ESTA application process, one of the crucial sections to be filled in is the contact details of the point of contact in the USA. These details are essential to establish a link between the traveller and a person or organisation on US soil in case of need for assistance or contact during the stay.
To help you fill in your ESTA contact details correctly, this comprehensive guide will provide detailed instructions and practical advice. You will find all the information you need to ensure that your point of contact details are accurate, up to date and comply with the ESTA process requirements. Follow this guide for a hassle-free ESTA application and an enjoyable travel experience to the USA.
What is the ESTA US point of contact?
The ESTA US point of contact is a person or organisation in the United States to whom the US authorities can turn if they need to during your stay in the country. It is an essential part of your ESTA application, as it provides a communication link in case of emergencies, additional questions or situations requiring special assistance.
When you complete your ESTA application, you will be asked to provide full details of your point of contact in the USA. This information usually includes the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of the person or organisation you have designated as your point of contact.
There are several reasons why you need to provide this information. Firstly, it allows the US authorities to contact you or your point of contact in case of need, thus facilitating communication in the event of unforeseen events or emergencies. In addition, it helps to enhance travel security and oversight by providing a reliable and verifiable means of contact.
The point of contact can be a trusted person living in the US, such as a friend, family member or colleague. It can also be an organisation such as a hotel, company or travel agency. The important thing is that the point of contact can be contacted quickly and can relay the necessary information to the relevant authorities, if required.
It is important to choose your ESTA contact point wisely. Make sure you provide the contact details of a person or organisation who will be available and able to assist you if needed during your stay in the USA. Make sure that the contact details are correct, up to date and that you have obtained the consent of the person or organisation concerned before providing them in your ESTA application.
Personal information to be entered in the contact point:
When filling in the contact details in your ESTA application, it is important to provide accurate and up-to-date personal information. This ensures that the US authorities have the appropriate means to contact you or your point of contact if necessary. Here are the main personal details that must be provided for the ESTA contact point:
- Name of point of contact: Provide the full name of the person or organisation that will be your point of contact in the USA. Be sure to spell the name correctly, using the appropriate spelling.
Example: John Smith, ABC Company, Hotel XYZ, etc.
- Address of contact point: Provide the full address where the contact point can be contacted. This is usually the address in the United States, including the street number, city name, state and postcode.
Example: 123 Main Street, New York, NY 10001, USA.
- Telephone number of the contact point: Provide a valid telephone number where the contact point can be easily reached. Use the appropriate international format, including the country code and area code, if applicable.
Example: +1 123-456-7890.
- Point of contact email address: Provide a valid point of contact email address. Ensure that the email address is correct and that you have obtained the consent of the person or organisation to use this address for contact purposes related to your ESTA application.
What if I don't have a point of contact in the US?
Some travellers may not have a personal point of contact in the USA when completing their ESTA application. However, there are alternative options for providing appropriate contact information. Here is what you can do if you do not have a point of contact in the US:
- Hotel contact details: If you have already booked accommodation, you can provide the contact details of the hotel where you will be staying in the USA. Be sure to get the hotel's complete information, including name, address, phone number and email address.
Example: Hotel name ABC, 456 Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90001, USA, +1 987-654-3210, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitor Support Organisation: There are organisations and travel agencies that offer support services to foreign visitors to the USA. These organisations can act as a point of contact and provide you with the information you need for your ESTA application. Look for reliable organisations that specialise in assisting international travellers.
Example: USA Visitor Support, 789 Broadway, New York, NY 10002, USA, +1 888-555-1234, email@example.com.
- Search for appropriate contact details: If you do not have a specific contact point, you can search online for appropriate contact details. For example, you can contact tourist information services, local tourist offices or professional organisations in your field of activity. Be sure to check the reliability of the sources and to provide valid and up-to-date contact details.
When looking for appropriate contact details, it is advisable to use official and reliable contacts. Check official websites, business directories, reputable tourism services, or ask for recommendations from experienced travellers or online discussion groups.
It is essential to ensure that the contact details you provide are accurate and up-to-date. If you have difficulty finding an appropriate point of contact, do not hesitate to ask your travel agent, airline or contact the travel assistance services for further advice.