If you are planning to travel to the United States with your family, it is important to know what ESTA is and how to apply as a group to avoid any stress or problems during your trip. ESTA, or Electronic System for Travel Authorisation, is an online system for checking whether travellers are eligible to enter the US without a visa for up to 90 days. Applying for ESTA as a group has many advantages, including saving time and money. On this page we will explain everything you need to know about applying for ESTA as a group for your family, including the benefits of applying as a group and the steps to follow for a successful application.
What are the advantages of applying for a group ESTA?
Applying for ESTA as a group has many advantages for families travelling together. Here are the main advantages of applying as a group:
- Simplifying the process: Applying as a group can simplify the ESTA application process. Instead of filling in several individual forms for each member of your family, you can fill in one form for the whole group. This can not only save you time, but also reduce the risk of errors or omissions in the information provided.
- Simplified planning: By applying as a group, you can also simplify your trip planning. You will have a better overview of the travel dates of each member of your family and the details of your itinerary. This can help you plan your trip better and avoid last-minute problems.
- Expedited processing: By submitting a group application, you can benefit from expedited processing of your ESTA application. Group applications are generally processed faster than individual applications, which can help you to obtain your travel authorisation more quickly.
In sum, applying for ESTA as a group can be advantageous for families travelling together in terms of simplicity of procedure and faster processing of the application.
How to apply for an ESTA group for your family?
Applying for ESTA as a group may seem daunting, but by following these simple steps, you can easily fill out the ESTA group application form from the official website or a private service provider in this way:
- Check eligibility: Before applying as a group, make sure that each member of your family is eligible for ESTA. Nationals of eligible countries can obtain ESTA travel authorisation if they meet the required conditions.
- Gather the required information: To complete the ESTA form, you must gather the required information for each member of your family. This includes personal information such as full name, date of birth, address, passport number and travel history.
- Access the online form: Access the ESTA group application form on the official ESTA website or a private provider site. You can then select the group application option.
- Fill in the form: Fill in the form with the required information for each member of your family. Make sure you provide accurate and up-to-date information for each member and have the passport numbers of each traveller accompanying you.
- Check the information: Before submitting the application, carefully check all the information provided to ensure that it is correct. An error or omission in the information provided may result in the application being rejected.
- Pay the fee: Each member of your family will have to pay the ESTA application fee, even if it is a group application. The fee can be paid as a group or individually. The ESTA price will be the same for each family member, regardless of the age of the children. There is no group rate for the ESTA.
- Wait for a response: Once you have submitted your group application, you will need to wait for a response. Most applications are approved within 72 hours of submission.
Group or individual ESTA application: how to choose?
There are advantages and disadvantages to applying for ESTA individually or as a group.
The individual application offers more flexibility, as each family member can apply at a different time and be more flexible with their travel dates. It also allows each family member to provide their own confidential information without the other members knowing.
However, this option can be more complex as each member must complete their own ESTA form.
The group procedure is therefore simplified as only one form is needed for the whole group. It also allows for better coordination of travel dates and itineraries for each family member. However, there is a loss of confidentiality as the personal information of each family member is shared with all members of the group.
The choice between an individual or group application depends on your family's priorities and needs. If confidentiality and flexibility are important, then an individual application is preferable. If you are looking to simplify the application process, a group application is the best option.
Conclusion: How and why should I apply for ESTA as a family?
In conclusion, applying for ESTA as a group has many advantages, including a simplified application process and easier coordination of travel dates and itineraries. Although applying individually may offer more flexibility and privacy, it can be more complex to complete.
We strongly encourage visitors to consider applying as a group for their family, following the simple steps we have outlined in the "How to Apply as a Group" section. It is important to provide accurate and complete information for each family member to ensure a successful application and hassle-free travel. Do not hesitate to contact the relevant authorities if you have any questions or concerns about the application process.