The Umrah is a significant religious act for Muslims around the world, and Saudi Arabia is the place where this important practice takes place. Every year, millions of believers travel to Saudi Arabia to perform the Umrah, a voluntary pilgrimage to Mecca. This profound spiritual experience attracts worshippers from all walks of life, eager to draw closer to God. To perform their Umrah pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, travellers must comply with legal requirements, including obtaining an appropriate visa. The visa is an essential factor in the process, as it allows pilgrims to enter the country and participate in this sacred rite. It is therefore imperative to understand the costs and price associated with obtaining this visa if you are to plan your Umrah journey effectively. The aim of this page is to provide you with comprehensive and objective information on the price of an Umrah visa in Saudi Arabia. We will look at the different types of visa available, the costs associated with obtaining them, as well as other important details such as the length of validity of the visa and the conditions required. Our aim is to help you plan your trip in an informed way, with a clear understanding of the expenses associated with this unique spiritual experience.
What is the price and cost of an Umrah visa in Saudi Arabia?
The cost of an Umrah visa in Saudi Arabia varies depending on several factors, such as the type of visa, your nationality, and the processing time you choose. Here is an overview of the average cost or price that European citizens may encounter when planning their Umrah trip:
- Electronic Umrah visa: The electronic Umrah visa is the cheapest option, costing around SAR 490, equivalent to around $130. This covers the visa fee as well as the required travel insurance.
- Umrah Visa on Arrival: For those who choose to obtain their visa on arrival in Saudi Arabia, the cost is approximately SAR 480, or approximately $127. It is important to note that payment must be made in Saudi riyals using an international credit or debit card and MADA.
- Umrah visa via travel package: From 2022, pilgrims opting for the Umrah visa must generally purchase a specific travel package. The cost of the visa application is approximately $380 to $490, depending on the travel package chosen. As a result, the total cost of the Umrah trip varies between 1,500 and 2,000 dollars.
If you decide to apply for a Saudi Arabian electronic tourist visa via iVisa, prices may vary depending on your country of origin and the processing speed you choose. Here are the options currently available for Europeans:
- Standard treatment (6 days): USD 218.99*.
- Accelerated treatment (3 days): USD 267.99*.
- Super Rush (2 days): 336.99 US dollars*.
These costs include the iVisa processing fee and the US$144 government application fee.
It is essential to note that visa fees are subject to change, so it is advisable to check current rates with the relevant Saudi authorities or consulates before applying for your visa.
*Prices are subject to change.
The different types of Umrah visas
Umrah in Saudi Arabia is a valuable spiritual experience for many Muslims, and there are several types of visa available to facilitate this journey. Here is an overview of the major types of Umrah visas:
- The Umrah tourist visa is issued to pilgrims who wish to perform Umrah outside the Hajj season. It is generally valid for a short period, which means that pilgrims need to plan their travel during this specific period. The costs associated with this type of visa vary depending on a number of factors, including the length of stay and the nationality of the applicant.
- The transit Umrah visa is intended for travellers in transit through Saudi Arabia on their way to their final destination. This type of visa is generally valid for a short period, and pilgrims are not allowed to leave the transit airport. The cost of this visa also varies according to the duration of the transit.
- Residents of Saudi Arabia who wish to perform Umrah can obtain a resident visa for this purpose. This visa is valid for a longer period, allowing residents to plan their trip more flexibly. The price of this visa is generally lower than those of tourist visas, but they still depend on various factors.
Further information about the Umrah visa
The period of validity of an Umrah visa in Saudi Arabia may vary depending on the type of visa you have obtained. Here is some useful information about the period of validity:
- Electronic Umrah visa: This visa is generally valid for 30 days. This means that you must perform your Umrah within this period.
- Umrah visa on arrival: The visa on arrival is generally valid for a similar period, around 30 days. Make sure you respect this time limit.
- Umrah visa via travel package: The period of validity may vary depending on the travel package you have chosen. Be sure to check the specific duration with your travel agent.
Processing times for an Umrah visa application can also vary depending on a number of factors, such as the type of visa you are applying for and the country from which you are applying. Here are some general guidelines on processing times:
- Electronic Umrah visa: Processing an electronic visa application generally takes a few days, depending on the processing speed you choose.
- Umrah visa on arrival: Visas on arrival are generally processed quickly on arrival in Saudi Arabia.
- Umrah Visa via travel package: Processing time may vary depending on the travel agency and package you choose. Be sure to check these details when booking your trip.
To obtain an Umrah visa in Saudi Arabia, there are specific conditions that you must meet. These conditions may vary slightly depending on the type of visa you are applying for, but here are some general conditions:
- Be a Muslim, as the Umrah is a religious rite reserved for believers in Islam.
- A valid passport with an expiry date sufficiently far in the future to cover your stay in Saudi Arabia.
- Be in good physical and mental health to undertake the trip.
- Take out required travel insurance to cover medical emergencies and other incidents during your stay.
- Respect the laws and regulations of Saudi Arabia during your stay.
These conditions may be subject to change, so it is advisable to consult official Saudi Arabian sources or contact the relevant consular authorities for the most up-to-date requirements.