The Check MIG is an essential document for anyone wishing to travel to Colombia, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Set up by the Colombian authorities, the Check MIG aims to guarantee the health safety of travellers and the local population by collecting information on their state of health and travel itinerary. This document enables the authorities to assess the epidemiological risks and take the necessary measures to prevent the spread of the virus. In short, the Check MIG is an essential tool for ensuring the safety of all travellers and contributing to the effective management of the health situation in Colombia. On this page, we will explain in detail what the Check MIG is exactly, how it can be useful when travelling to Colombia and, above all, where and how to complete it from the UK.
What is the Check MIG and what is it used for?
Check MIG, short for "Migración Colombia", is a compulsory electronic form for all travellers to Colombia. It has been set up by the Colombian authorities to collect essential information on travellers, including their state of health and travel itinerary. The Check MIG aims to strengthen measures to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Colombia.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many countries, including Colombia, have implemented strict health measures to protect their populations and travellers. Check MIG is playing a crucial role in managing the health crisis by enabling the Colombian authorities to gather key information to assess the epidemiological risks associated with international travel.
Thanks to Check MIG, the authorities can make informed decisions about the quarantine measures, travel restrictions and health checks needed to prevent the spread of the virus. The form also makes it possible to identify people potentially exposed to high-risk situations, thereby facilitating tracking and surveillance operations.
The Check MIG form comprises several sections in which travellers must provide specific information. The main information required is as follows
- Personal details: Surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, home address, contact details, etc.
- Travel itinerary: Departure and arrival dates, airline, flight number, arrival airport, address of stay in Colombia, etc.
- Medical information: state of health, any symptoms, contact with infected persons, etc.
- Traveller's undertaking: Declaration of acceptance of the health rules and regulations in force in Colombia.
It is crucial that all sections of the form are filled in correctly and truthfully. Inaccurate or incomplete information could lead to problems during the journey or on arrival in Colombia.
How do I fill in the Check MIG correctly from the UK?
To complete the Check MIG from the UK, you need to access the official Check MIG site in Colombia or a private provider site such as the one we recommend on this page.
The Check MIG form is generally available in Spanish, the official language of Colombia. However, some sites may offer translated versions in other languages, including English. If you are not fluent in Spanish, it may be useful to use online translation tools to help you complete the form accurately.
The steps to follow to complete the form are as follows:
- Personal details: The first step is to provide your personal details, such as your surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, home address and contact details. Make sure you enter this information exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Travel itinerary: In this section, you must enter the details of your trip, such as departure and arrival dates, airline, flight number, airport of arrival in Colombia, as well as the address where you intend to stay in the country. Please be careful and accurate when entering this information.
- Medical information: It is essential to provide accurate medical information in this section. You will need to indicate your current state of health, any symptoms you may be experiencing, and any recent contact with people infected with COVID-19. Be honest and transparent in your answers.
- Commitment by travellers: In this final stage, you will be asked to confirm your commitment to complying with the health rules and regulations in force in Colombia. Read the statements carefully and tick the relevant boxes to confirm your understanding and acceptance.
- Once you have completed all the sections of the form, be sure to check the information you have entered carefully. Make sure it is accurate and complete. Once you are satisfied with the information you have entered, you can validate and send the form. You will usually receive a confirmation of receipt or a reference number to keep.
It is advisable to print out a copy of the completed form or save an electronic version on your device, in case you need to present it during your trip or on arrival in Colombia.
How do I obtain and use the Check MIG for Colombia?
Once you have submitted your Check MIG form, the Colombian authorities will examine and validate it. Processing times may vary depending on the volume of applications received and the time of year. We recommend that you fill in the form well in advance of your trip to allow for these processing times.
Once your Check MIG form has been validated, you can retrieve the document electronically. You should receive confirmation by e-mail or you can download the Check MIG directly from the official website. Make sure you keep a printed copy or an electronic version on your device, as you may need to present it during your journey or on arrival in Colombia.
When you arrive in Colombia, you will need to present your Check MIG to the relevant authorities. These may be airline staff, border control officers or immigration officials. Make sure you keep this document handy and present it when required. The authorities will check the validity and accuracy of the information provided.
It is important to note that the Check MIG may be requested at any time during your stay in Colombia, so make sure you keep it safely with your other travel documents.
Remember that the Check MIG is a mandatory document and its absence or the provision of inaccurate information may lead to legal consequences and additional travel restrictions.
By following these steps to obtain and present your Check MIG, you are contributing to the effective management of the health situation in Colombia and ensuring the safety of all travellers and the local population.